Oct 23, 2012

Talents!!!

It has been a really long time since I last wrote and also promised to write (not at all a well-deserved hiatus)... I come online, check my dashboard, check my blog and become bloated with happiness on seeing the list of my followers increased to 15 (most of whom are my friends who, I am sure, are following my blog as an act of kindness)... I am sorry to each one of you for not updating my blog and letting you down (if at all you had expectations :] )... I am writing this to inform you that my ability to write anything - sense and non-sense (borrowed from the name of my sister's blog) has been snatched - by whom I am unaware... (Read: If you are the one who has done it, please kindly return it :] )...

My point of writing this blog is to confess something... As over-confident and narcissistic I am, I have never been able to recognise and realise any talent in myself... And finally I thought I had a flair, however sad it maybe, for writing... But I don't... You may call it a writer's block but I think I have always suffered from it :) ... It is definitely wrong to feel jealous, to envy someone else's gift but I have always been envious of people who can create beautiful verses in the form of poems, stories, novels, etc... Also of those who can dance, paint, sing,etc. 'cause those are precisely the things I don't excel in...

The only talent I possess is talking and laughing... I can talk for innumerable hours and laugh even more... These talents actually don't mean anything but I know the joy I feel when I see people getting a few moments of laughter when they look at me...

I agree to the fact that being content is the secret to happiness... I am content with my life, but wanting a little more is only natural, ain't it???


P.S: written long long back, published now!

2 comments:

Archana said...

You're back! I thought you had poofed off, glad to see your post though. :) And no, I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting a little something extra in life. I'm perfectly content with everything the way it is, but I know that there are some thing that I innately desire and want. I usually just try & find a way to make it happen, hehe.

Btw, while you were gone I actually kick started a new blog that's more personal. :) Check it out when you get a chance! <3

Dazed by the Light I See... said...

Hey!!!
I thought the same too :D

I am content too but I start feeling bad the moment someone does something I can't do :P

I shall check it out... NOW!!!